Where can you get a degree in Surveying?
Universities that Are Developing a B.S. in Geomatics:
(The first two years of this program could be taken at the Community Colleges listed or at A&T, depending on the student's preference. Some courses are also planned to be taken at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.)
The academic field of Geomatics includes the mathematical, measurement, and legal principles of traditional land surveying. Geomatics also includes the Global Positioning System (GPS), photogrammetry, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), geodesy (the study of the shape of the Earth), remote sensing (the use of satellite imagery), hydrography, and environmental studies.
Colleges that Offer an A.A.S. in Surveying:
- Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College - Asheville, NC
- Central Piedmont Community College - Charlotte, NC
- Guilford Technical Community College - Jamestown, NC
- Sandhills Community College - Pinehurst, NC
- Southwestern Community College - Sylva, NC
- Wake Technical Community College - Raleigh, NC
- Western Piedmont Community College - Morganton, NC